Pages

Friday 24 January 2014

State of the Art Kitchen : Chadaro

The other day, I managed to visit Chadaro's kitchen with a friend of mine who works there. Knowing that a visit to this kitchen would interest the food lover in me, he asked me to come over assuring me that it would be worth all the time and efforts it would take to go all the way till Vasai from Thane.




Before I reveal whether I was bowled over or not, let me first tell you what Chadaro is all about. It is brand which offers packed food tiffin service. They provide Veg tiffin and Jain Veg tiffin across Mumbai. Be it breakfast, lunch or dinner, they have a variety of meals for these. If you are a busy professional or an outstation student with no time to cook your own food, if you are too bugged up eating out at restaurants and are craving for 'Ghar ka khana' then Chadaro is a saviour for you!

When I stepped into their kitchen, I wasn't much amazed initially as at my first glance it seemed to be a clean and tidy kitchen which I had expected it to be. But gradually as my friend began to take me around the kitchen showing various machines and explaining their functioning, giving me details about the capacity of food that can be produced by them, I was thrilled! It was astounding to see the potato peeling machine, the vegetable chopping machines, the huge RO water treatment plants and many other such technologically advanced machines which together made up the state of the art kitchen of Chadaro. Chadaro is very keen on delivering what it promises- "Fresh and hygienic high quality food". This clearly reflected from the way the cleanliness and hygiene factors are taken care of at every level, right from handpicking fresh ingredients, washing, chopping and cooking them to packaging and delivering.



The chefs and the other cooks are well skilled and trained to cook high quality tasty food in large quantities using those machines. Tasting their food was an altogether different experience in itself which reminded me of home made food cooked by my Granny. Out of curiosity I asked one of the chef that how did they manage to bring out that taste as most of the food today offered by restaurants or by other packed food services tastes almost the same. It was then that he told me that the secret of their recipe was their very own self-made unique specially ground spice mix that gave the food a home made taste.


The taste of their food lingered on my tongue all day long and I found myself placing an order for a lunch thali the very next day. To sum up the whole experience in three words I would say- Tasty, fresh and healthy!



In case if you too have happened to come across any restaurant or a dabba service in Mumbai which offers food that reminds you of 'Maa ke haath ka khana' then share your experience with me in the comment box. I would love to hear such experiences from you!




1 comment: